Early May 2023, SEW Usocome, the Alsatian manufacturer of automation solutions and drive systems that participates in the MODAPTO project as one of the 4 use cases, welcomed the project’s Consortium members in Hagenau, France to host their 1st technical meeting.
- transport between assembly stages carried out by AVGs (manufactured in-house) eliminating the need to handle heavy loads;
- information on manual workstations transmitted individually to each one
- the modularity of current resources, enabling them to harmonize assembly processes and thus offer a high degree of flexibility to the manufacturer’s employees;
- giving employees access to real-time indicators to balance work rhythms and optimize flow performance;
- field management to deal with issues and take on board ideas for improvement, as well as communicating results and prospects for the small factory and the plant.
- old equipment organized according to the DMS (Dedicated Manufacturing System) concept;
- current equipment organized according to the FMS (Flexible Manufacturing System) concept;
- equipment under study for the REDG project, based on the RMS (Reconfigurable Manufacturing System) concept;